The International Shipping exhibition came to an end!!!
And now it’s time to tell you what happened…
Posidonia, the world’s greatest shipping event with 46 year-long history shows the dynamic of Greek Shipping to global economy. The event is organized under the auspices of the Greek shipping community and the five major associations representing Greek shipping interests.
The prestigious of Posidonia 2016 is confirmed by statistics.
According to organizers, Posidonia 2016 was the biggest event of its history as:
- Over 1.800 exhibitors from 90 countries participated.
- All sectors of the industry involved, 200 shipyards, 19 national pavilions, over 80 ICT companies, amongst others.
- Over 40 conferences, seminars and workshops took place.
- Over 22.000 sector-related professionals’ visitors, at 14% up in compare with Posidonia 2014.
- The exhibition space exceeded 40.000 sqm, setting a new record in terms of size.
Furthermore, during the exhibition provided great networking opportunities through various social events, but mostly signed landmark shipping contracts that justifies why Posidonia getting better, by the year!
Lloyds List recorded the major business deals at Posidonia 2016:
- John Coustas, chief executive officer of DANAOS expected to conclude the charter rate negotiation with HMM by the June targeting on an honorable cooperation.
- Panagiotis Tsakes, the Greek owner of Tsakos Group made a preliminary agreement for two firm and two optional 4,800 teu container vessels with representatives of Sungdong Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering.
- George Prokopiou, founder of Dynagas Ltd. has clinched a landmark shipbuilding contract for two regasification vessels with CSSC Leasing, affiliated to the China State Shipbuilding Corporation conglomerate including the Hudong yard.
- John Angelicoussis, the owner of Angelicoussis Shipping Group, Maran Tankers & Maran Gas Maritime signed orders for two firm (South Korea’s Daewoo S & ME and the Korean shipbuilding industry), two options 318,850dwt VLCCs priced at $84.6m each and two plus two, 180,000cumtr LNG carriers priced at $185m each.
Tags: Container shipping
, Greek Shipping
, International Shipping exhibition
, Posidonia 2016